To: dgreenlaw@cox.net
Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2012 2:38 PM
Subject: FW: What Happened to the Military?

Don,

Do you know what the saddest thing is to me as a civilian?
I've watched the 'Brass' in our country for six years now. At first they disappointed me, then they disgusted me, but now they scare the living hell out of me, because if they can't or won't stand up for those they've mentored, for those who put themselves in harm's way and give even their lives for all of us, then what the bloody hell are they going to do when our enemies reach a point where they feel they can take over this country? My God, they're either cowards or just plain don't give a damn, and apparently forget that they swore an oath to defend the Constitution. The Constitution has protections for our troops, but this bunch of wimps are allowing it to be destroyed. I'm so thankful that I don't have to salute them or socialize with them, because I have zero respect for what they've allowed and continue to allow to happen to guys like Larry, Michael, Frank, and so many more. I look at all the medals and crap they stick on their uniforms and think how silly they look. To me, a Marine, or soldier, or any service member, dirty and sweaty from fighting for me and the rest of us, lifts my eyes higher and higher each day, commands my respect, and fills me with more pride than I could ever have imagined.

God Bless the guys who don't travel the path to the Wizard of OZ.
You know what I mean.

s/f
Sandy