Re: Changing Font Size

Marcy - That's two drinks!!  Thanks.  It is fun to learn the knew system.  Ed

On Jan 29, 2012, at 2:17 PM, Puckett and Atwood wrote:

Joyce, I just found this on line.  I'm going to try the last option to see if it is the one for global command to make everything bigger.  If not, I'll keep looking!  Marcy

Display Messages in a Larger Font in Mac OS X Mail

To read an email in a larger font in Mac OS X Mail:

  • Open the message in the preview pane.
  • Hit Command-+.
    • Alternatively, you can select Format | Style | Bigger (Format | Font | Bigger in Mac OS X Mail 1.x) from the menu.

Return to a Smaller Font

To go back to a smaller font, hit Command--.

Make Everything Bigger in Mac OS X

To see everything — including images, interface fonts and toolbars — enlarged in Mac OS X Mail:

  • Press Command-Option-8 to turn on OS X zoom.
  • Press Command-Option-+ to zoom in.
    • If OS X does not zoom, press Command-Option-8 again to make sure the universal access feature is enabled.
    • To zoom out, press Command-Option--.
    • To return to the original display, press Command-Option-8.