Fw: Official Invitation to Speak at Albany Law School

Don't know if I will be still invited after I give notice but this will need to be put on "the calendar."  Just want to make sure you are tracking on my movements.  There is a bicycle ride for wounded warrior veterans happening later in the year and I know one of the organizers you may know him as well Steve Danyluk husband of Valerie?  Anyway it is happening in SC and want to know if the firm has an interest in sending someone there to speak to the audience about general issues of concern...

V/r
Eric

From: Peter Faherty <pfaherty@tullylegal.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 17:48:11 +0000
To: Eric S. Montalvo<emontalvo@tullylegal.com>
Subject: RE: Official Invitation to Speak at Albany Law School

Eric,

Below is the list of confirmed and potential speakers.  Depending on the rest of our confirmations we will determine a panel structure.  Also we have been approved to reimburse you up to $400 for flight accomidations.  This covers a roundtrip ticket from Baltimore to Albany (apparently the only direct flight).

1. David Crane from Syracuse Law School has confirmed that he will participate in the symposium. Crane was the first U.S. Chief Prosecutor at an international war crime tribunal since Justice Jackson himself. Here is his bio: http://www.law.syr.edu/faculty/facultymember.aspx?fac=152

2. Prof. James Gathii at ALS has confirmed that he will participate too. He would like to speak on international commercial disputes.

3. Prof. David Moore, Touro Law School. He is speaking on the constitutionality (or not) of applying International Law in U.S. courts.

4. Eli Rosenbaum at the DoJ has agreed in principle to speak at the symposium but has to confirm availability for the date. Here is NY Times article on him:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/27/us/27nazi.html

Other Possible Speakers

1. Hon. Louise Arbour. She is the former Justice of the Canadian Supreme Court and is currently the President of the International Crisis Group. She was also the UN High Commissioner on Human Rights and the Chief Prosecutor at the Yugoslavia and Rwanda tribunals. She would speak on international criminal law. Here is her bio:

http://www.crisisgroup.org/home/index.cfm?id=6001

2. Prof. Sarah Cleveland from Columbia Law School. She is right now working in the Office of the Legal Adviser (Dean Koh) at the State Department. Here is her bio: http://www.law.columbia.edu/fac/Sarah_Cleveland

3. Stephen Rapp. Here is a TIME article on Rapp:
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1922094,00.html

4. Olara A. Otunnu. Prof. Otunnu is from Uganda and was Prof. of law at ALS before becoming the President of the UN Security Council. Today, he is a candidate to be Ugandaâs next President! Here is his bio: http://www.lblfoundation.org/english/olaraaotunnupres3.html

5. Prof. Chantal Thomas from Cornell Law School. Her bio is here: http://www.lawschool.cornell.edu/faculty/bio.cfm?id=230