From: Baker LtCol John [mailto:john.baker1@usmc.mil]
Sent: Tue 2/23/2010 8:59 AM
To: Fidell, Eugene R.; Ken Martin; neal@puckettfaraj.com; pstackhouse@schertlerlaw.com; Scott Jack; Richard T. McNeil; Cgittins@aol.com; haytham@puckettfaraj.com; vaughn taylor office; Victor Kelley
Subject: CDC's Mess Night

Gentlemen,

	Sorry for the late invitation, but we have just finalized all the details.  On 18 March 2010, the Chief Defense Counsel is hosting the first of what will become an annual Mess Night held in conjunction with the all Marine Defense Counsel Conference which will be held this year in Mirimar during the second week in March.

	Jane Siegal will be our guest of honor and I'd like to extend an invitation to each of you, as I see each of you a part of our "team."  This Mess Night will allow us to celebrate, bond, and rededicate ourselves to the important work that we do.

	I understand that given the last minute word and the cost involved that most of you will be unable to attend, but I wanted to ensure that you were given the opportunity to come if you can.  Next year, I'll host it at a different location (I'm replacing Col Favors as the CDC this summer), likely on the east coast, and it will again be scheduled to correspond with the military judges' conference to have minimal impact on the docket.  We'll get those invites out earlier next year.

	Thanks for your trust (and occasional patience) with my counsel, I'm blessed to have a motivated group throughout my region.

Semper Fi,

LtCol John G. Baker, USMC
Regional Defense Counsel, Eastern Region
762 G Street
PSC Box 20087
Camp Lejeune, NC 28542-0087

Office: (910) 451-5996; Cell: (910) 478-7478; Fax: (910) 451-2293