Detroit Mayor to address American Arab Business Community, Thursday, June 10

American Arab Chamber of Commerce

 DETROIT MAYOR
 DAVE BING
TO ADDRESS ARAB AMERICAN BUSINESS COMMUNITY
  THURSDAY, JUNE 10, 2010 at 5:00 PM

Mayor Bing

DOUBLE TREE HOTEL
Doubletree Hotel Detroit/Dearborn
5801 Southfield Expressway
Detroit, Michigan 48228
RSVP: contactus@americanarab.com or 313-945-1700
NO CHARGE TO ATTEND

Mayor Bing will share his plans for making Detroit a better place for businesses and how he plans to improve the city and the region's image as a business-friendly location where companies can thrive and provide a high quality of life for its citizens. "The Chamber has scheduled this reception in an effort to improve the dialogue between the City of Detroit and the American Arab business community", stated Fay Beydoun, Executive Director at the American Arab Chamber of Commerce". We are looking forward to the Mayor's address and will continue to build economic bridges within the City of Detroit and the Arab American business community.

Dave Bing was a seven-time All-Star professional basketball player for 12 seasons with the NBA, a businessman and recently elected as the 70th mayor of the city of Detroit. He had earlier been elected mayor in a special election on May 5, 2008 to replace Kwame Kilpatrick and then won the full-term mayoral elections last November, defeating Tom Barro.

Dave Bing came to Detroit as the No. 2 pick in the NBA in 1966 and has lived here ever since, playing nine seasons for the Pistons.  He held a job off-season, either with the National Bank of Detroit or Chrysler.  After retiring from basketball in 1978, Bing started his own business, the Bing Group, in 1980.  A company that primarily manufactures auto parts, the Bing Group employs 500 people and has brought in as much as $300 million a year in revenue, according to Bing.

"I think the old way of running the city has gotten us where we are," said Bing.  "It's not going to work.  Politics has led the city for a long time.  I think it's time for business to lead the city.

Safe Unsubscribe
This email was sent to haytham@puckettfaraj.com by enews@americanarab.com.
American Arab Chamber of Commerce | 12740 W. Warren | Suite 101 | Dearborn | MI | 48126