Never Forget...

Title: Interfaith Worker Justice E-news

IWJ banner

Dear Atty. Faraj,

Today is Workers Memorial Day. Let us take a moment to remember and honor those workers killed and injured on the job.

Just this month, 29 miners lost their lives in the West Virginia mining disaster. On average, 16 workers die each day from workplace injuries, 134 are estimated to die from work-related diseases, and thousands more are injured on the job. No one should die from making a living.

Today, I invite you to:

*
Hold a memorial service at your workplace, home or church to remember and honor workers killed or injured on the job, and to renew our shared commitment to making workplaces safer and healthier for all. You can use IWJ's Litany for Workers Memorial Day as a guide.

* Let the families of fallen workers know that the memory of their loved ones will not be forgotten. Make a gift in support of Interfaith Worker Justice's efforts to advocate for better and safer working conditions, and we will send the family a tribute on your behalf.

When workers are killed, families are torn apart. When workers are injured, families suffer. On Workers Memorial Day, let us honor not only the workers but also the families they left behind. May the memory of fallen workers inspire us to continue and strengthen the fight for workplace safety.

Kim Bobo
Executive Director

P.S.

Gifts made in honor of workers help fund IWJ campaigns that aim to improve working conditions for all workers, especially those in low-wage jobs.

Bar

 Share this on Facebook

To ensure that you continue receiving our emails, please add us to your address book or safe list. Click here if you want to modify your email communication preference or to unsubscribe from the Interfaith Worker Justice e-mail list.

Tell a friend about our newsletter.

Interfaith Worker Justice | 1020 W. Bryn Mawr Ave. | Chicago, IL 60660 | ph (773) 728-8400