Honor Immigrant Workers in Your Congregation May 1st and 2nd!

Title: Interfaith Worker Justice E-news

Call to Action banner

Honor Immigrant Workers in Your Congregation May 1st and 2nd!

Every day, millions of immigrant workers in the U.S. are not only picking our vegetables and cleaning our office buildings, but are an integral part of the fabric of our congregations and communities. On May 1st, people of faith will join marches, prayer vigils and other events across the country to call on our Congressional leaders to pass a comprehensive immigration reform bill that will bring millions of immigrant workers and their families out of the shadows, secure our borders and provide labor protections that will benefit all low-wage workers.

As Interfaith Worker Justice, we call on people of faith to stand in support of all low-wage workers, regardless of immigration status. We invite you to join with us and other national organizations, denominations and faith communities to participate in a National Weekend of Prayer and Action for Immigrant Rights on May 1st and 2nd.

Consider the ways your congregation can lift up the voices of immigrant workers during this weekend:

  • Invite an immigrant worker to share his or her story during a worship service
  • Incorporate prayers and liturgies lifting up our immigrant brothers and sisters into your services
  • Provide bulletin inserts, informational materials and other action items for your congregation
  • Initiate a study group using IWJ's resource For You Were Once A Stranger

IWJ has many resources available for your congregation to educate, advocate, and mobilize for our immigrant brothers and sisters. You can find IWJ's board of directors' statement on immigration reform here and other materials on our website at www.iwj.org.

For more information, and to be connected to IWJ's campaign for immigration reform, contact IWJ Public Policy Director Ted Smukler at tsmukler@iwj.org.

In Peace and Justice,
Kristin Kumpf
Associate Organizing Director

Bar

Forward this email to a Friend

To ensure that you continue receiving our emails, please add us to your address book or safe list. Click here if you want to modify your email communication preference or to unsubscribe from the Interfaith Worker Justice e-mail list.

Tell a friend about our newsletter.

Interfaith Worker Justice | 1020 W. Bryn Mawr Ave. | Chicago, IL 60660 | ph (773) 728-8400