Re: To Deal or not to Deal

I though all general court martial convictions show up as felonies. So that would make the characterization of service more important?

From: Haytham Faraj <haytham@puckettfaraj.com>
To: jim rowe <jroweusmc@yahoo.com>
Cc: "scott.shinn@usmc.mil" <scott.shinn@usmc.mil>
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 8:08 PM
Subject: Re: To Deal or not to Deal

Your conviction is not a felony.

On Jan 25, 2012, at 1:02 PM, jim rowe <jroweusmc@yahoo.com> wrote:

Gentlemen,

Maigen and I have a few questions in going forward with a BOI or offering the deal of taking an OTH in exchange for an NJP rather than a General Court Martial Conviction.

1) From my limited internet research it appears that in the federal system all General Court Martials are considered felonies. Since I am now a felony adulterer, which is harder to explain in your opinion, a felony conviction or an OTH?

2) Does my taking an OTH effect my civil case against the Klay's?

3) What loss of benefits would be worth fighting for in a BOI characterization of discharge if it means keeping a felony conviction on my record?

Thanks

Jim