hello, and a question

Haytham, hello. I hope this finds you well, and hopefully on a break between trials.

Last year we did a story (my colleague Gina Cavallaro) about that Afghan corporal who faced deportation when the Marine Corps charged him, Cpl Ahmad Siddiqi.

Last week, I think he was arrested in Orange County and charge with murder, for allegedly stabbing to death his pregnant girlfriend. An Ahmad Rashad Siddiqi, age 23, is jailed, was arraigned on eight charges including two counts of murder, and will be arraigned Jan. 12.

His hometown is listed as Alexandria, Va., according to Westminster police.

Here’s a story

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2011/12/ahmad_siddiqi_stab_murder.php

http://www.ocregister.com/news/siddiqi-332576-faroqi-aoki.html

I think he’s the same corporal. Could you confirm?

Gidget Fuentes

San Diego bureau chief/senior staff writer

Marine Corps Times/Navy Times

Gannett Government Media Corp.

P.O. Box 4461

Oceanside, CA 92052-4461