From: Hale LtCol Charles C [mailto:charles.c.hale@usmc.mil]
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2011 13:42
To: Hale, Charles C LtCol TRIJUDACT, NDW
Subject: FW: Request Special Consideration for Capt Brian Wilson's Court Testimony

Your Honor,
	I'm writing on behalf of 1st Battalion, 8th Marines' Advisor Teams.  Yesterday the 3 teams, lead by Captain Brian Wilson, completed the 3 week Advisor Training Syllabus here at Advisor Training Group (ATG) MAGTF-TC, 29 Palms.  Because of late Manpower fills, the teams did not get an opportunity to attend the 3 week II MEF's Advisor Training Cells (ATC) nor receive the 2 weeks Dari/Pashto language training at Home Station.  Although the Marines have done a tremendous job overcoming these institutional shortfalls, working together next week will make them more effective in theater.
	Next week, at EMV's "Clear Hold Build-4", is the first and only opportunity the Advisor Teams working with their Bn will get to rehearse their skills and exploit the relationships they have built with the Kandak (Afghan Army Bn) and Afghan Police Role-players before they deploy to Afghanistan.  Over the past two and a half weeks in an immersive training environment, Capt Wilson has cultivated a close personal and professional relationship with the Kandak Cmdr and he will play an integral role in bridging the cross-culture gap between the Kandak Cmdr and his Bn Cmdr.
ISAF Commander and CMC has indicated that Afghanistan National Security Forces development is key to success in Afghanistan.   Capt Wilson will be the face of ANSF development in his Bn's AO.
      I urge you to consider having Capt Wilson testify by telephone or wait for him to depart 29 Palms on 15 or 16 December to be able to testify in DC in person.  Thank you for your consideration and help in this matter.

Respectfully,

Colonel Wm Gillespie
Director
Advisor Training Group