Waleed Jaraysi-Corrected address and additional comments

Dear Haytham,

I am sending you some information in reference to Waleed Jaraysi and his building located in Marietta, Georgia.  I understand that you have been in contact with Waleed and that Mr. Ayoob sent you some information on the case.

I have been an acquaintance of Waleed for a few months and I got involved with his case only as a friend.  I felt it important for me to do as much as possible to defend him and his pursuit to prevent the City of Marietta from demolishing his building but it seems to be all in vain since the construction is currently underway.  In either case, I strongly feel that Mr. Jaraysi has had his civilian rights violated with this decision by the City Council and the City attorney, Doug Haynie.  In addition, I strongly feel that Mr. Jaraysi has been conveniently selected to face this demolition act due to his Arab ethnicity.  I cannot find another case in the City where a building on one's property was ordered demolished due to the fact of being uncompleted.  Instead, I find the government bending over backwards in order to adjust financial situations, including mortgage refinancing, loan structures, and clemency of back payments in order for the owners to continue with their ownership.  This was not the case with Mr. Jaraysi.  On the contrary, it was the opposite.  Mr. Jaraysi went as far as offering to provide the financial amount to continue his construction as escrow under the City supervision but was still denied.

The decisions that were made were made by the City attorney, Doug Haynie and voted by the Marietta City Council.  One of the members, who voiced his opposition to giving Mr. Jaraysi another opportunity to complete the construction was City Council Member, Anthony Calvin Coleman.  This member referred to himself as Reverend Anthony Coleman, yet as a so-called Reverend, this individual found in his heart no room to give justice and opportunity and voted against Mr. Jaraysi.  I found this as opposite in someone who calls himself a Reverend.

I only mention the above circumstances because of the latest news of yesterday.  According to our local nightly  news on ABC, Mr. Anthony Coleman was arrested for allegedly assaulting another member of the council, Annette Lewish, in a parking lot on September 22, shortly after one of the Council meetings.  This is the same person whose vote to demolish Waleed Jaraysi's building was instrumental in the City's decision.  I find it ironic for a person with this character voting against another person who wants to build a wedding hall and office building that would benefit the City, the community, and its people.  This individual is assaulting others, even a female, and yet has voting privilege to stop a lawful construction of an ongoing building.  Let me quote the words from Anthony Coleman when the case came up for a vote to give Waleed another chance.  City Councilman Anthony Coleman said he is firmly opposed to giving Jaraysi another chance. âEnough is enough,â Coleman said. âWeâre tired of Mr. Jaraysi just leading us on. He never did any of the things he said he was going to do from the very beginning. This is the last straw, and itâs time to lay the wrecking ball to that.â  These are the words from someone who just yesterday was arrested for assaulting another female councilwoman in the parking lot.   The City Mayor should've immediately dismissed this accused assaulter and his votes in the past should all be void.  Letting him cast a vote is like letting the wolf protect the chicken coop.

 The City of Marietta should be held liable for either discrimination of for lack of good judgement.  In either case, I feel that Waleed Jaraysi has a solid case against the ineptidue and incompetence of the members of the City Council, the City Attorney, and the Mayor of the City of Marietta.
To confirm my allegations of incompetence and lack of judgement by the City of Marietta, it was reported that even after this latest arrest of Councilman Anthony Coleman for assaulting another female councilwoman, the City continues to employ Coleman as a member of the City Council.  And remember his vote came after the incident after September 22nd.

 Here we have a City Councilman arrested for aggravated assault being allowed to maintain his political position while we have a hardworking Arab-American businessman, wanting to complete the construction of his building, but being denied by a City Council with many questions of integrity on displayed.  If this isn't discrimination then I ask, what is?

I am forwarding you the latest articles that Waleed has asked me to send to you.  Thank you very much.

James J. David