update

hi Haytham,

I just wanted to update you on my latest communication with the
attorney for Good Guys Auto. I managed to speak with Anas and get some
basic info about the nature of their business agreement before calling
John Shields, the attorney. He seems perfectly reasonable but not too
familiar with Anas' case. I brought him up to speed - stuck to the
public record, of course, nothing more than that.

Anyway, it turns out as you know the FBI raided and searched Good Guys
Auto and has not yet returned their equipment. The owners are sitting
tight and want to say / do nothing until they know what the FBI wants
with them.

It also turns out that, contrary to what one of the Good Guys Auto
wanted me to believe, their business has not shut down "due to the
raid". Nor are they "in and out of hospital" due to the raid.

According to their attorney, "they did not say that Anas has no money
with them". So hopefully I'm mistaken in assuming they are trying to
take the money and run.

Anyway, I'm going to see Anas on Sat morning during visitation. I'll
discuss this further with him. My next step is I'd like to set up an
appointment with Shields and his client to try and mediate.

This is all for now.

Pls let me know if you'd like me to relay anything to Anas. I've
already explained to him the difficulty you've had in seeing him. It
is truly unfortunate and sounds like counter productive to justice,
but what can we do.

This is all for now. Pls give me your update.

Best,

--
Rasha Elass, Journalist
Cell: +1 (202) 744 - 6606