From: Robert.Barrett@infilcodegremont.com
Sent: Monday, November 07, 2011 4:21 PM
To: mkapinos@mcguirewoods.com  Cc: Robert.Barrett@infilcodegremont.com
Subject: What you can do to help our Veterans

Over 30 veterans have requested legal assistance on the VBA website (www.vba.org/veterans).  The issues faced by these veterans include the following legal areas:  Landlord/tenant, Civil litigation, Insurance claims, Veterans Disability claims, Health law, Labor and Employment, Real Estate, Trusts and Estates, Domestic Relations, Bankruptcy, and Criminal law.

Matt and I try to help as many veterans as we can by placing their cases with qualified attorneys, but we need your assistance.  While we have over 180 volunteers listed on our volunteer attorney list, we have added less than 10 attorney volunteers in 2011.  Recently, we have been receiving cases from the Wounded Warrior Programs at Fort Belvoir and Fort Eustis.

These Programs support veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan who were wounded in combat and are being medically separated from the service.

Many of these servicemembers have post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) or traumatic brain injuries (TBI).  Returning from combat is difficult enough, but returning with these and other life-altering injuries creates unbelievable stress not only on the veteran, but also on their families.

These veterans and their families need our assistance.  If you have not already signed up to assist veterans with their legal issues, please do so by clicking the "Volunteer" tab at
www.vba.org/veterans.  If you have already signed up, please ask your colleagues to sign up.  If you are in-house counsel, please encourage your outside counsel in Virginia to volunteer.  In addition to the above, please consider donating to HMVHE, a consortium of Virginia colleges and universities providing services to our veterans, by clicking the "Donate" tab on our website.

As always, please let Matt or I know if you have any questions.

Thank you for your support.

Bob Barrett
Assistant Corporate Counsel
Degremont Technologies North America
8007 Discovery Drive; Richmond, VA 23229
tel: 804.756.7743   robert.barrett@degremont.com