RE: Capt Jim Rowe

Haytham,

	Please give me a call on my cell to discuss counsel option for Capt Rowe's GCM as Tom's on leave and our most likely COA will be for me to detail Capt Russ Shinn who just checked into my office to this case.

	It is an understatement for me to say that I'm uncomfortable with the idea of detailing a case to a DC a week before a contested GCM.  It's my understanding that this case is set for trial on 14 Nov and that despite a last minute release of detailed counsel and the detailing of a new counsel that your desire is to stick with the 14 November start date and that you understand that if a new counsel is detailed this Monday and you start trial the following Monday that the new counsel will not be well prepared for trial.

	It will help me if you can get me something in writing to me as the detailing authority for Mareine DCs signed by Capt Rowe releasing Maj McConnell due to a perceived conflict of interest and requesting that a new counsel be detailed who can be available to start trial on 14 Nov.  The letter should be written with the expectation that it will be attached to the record of trial.

S/F,

John

Semper Fi,

Colonel John G. Baker, U. S. Marine Corps
Chief Defense Counsel of the Marine Corps
Marine Corps Defense Services Organization
      "Marines Defending Marines"

Office: (703) 614-0885; Cell: (703) 944-2580

ATTORNEY-CLIENT PRIVILEGED COMMUNICATION OR ATTORNEY WORK PRODUCT.  The information contained in or attached to this communication is confidential, legally privileged and intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is transmitted.  Any other use of this communication is strictly prohibited.  Do not disseminate without the approval of the Chief Defense Counsel of the Marine Corps. This e-mail and all other electronic or voice communication from this address are for informational purposes only.  No such communication is intended by the sender or the agency to constitute either an electronic record, or an electronic signature, or to constitute any agreement by the sender to conduct a transaction by electronic means.  If you receive this e-mail in error, please permanently delete the original and any other copies or printouts of this e-mail, and notify me immediately at the above e-mail address or phone number.  To the extent the information contained in or attached to this communication contains Privacy Act information, that information is for OFFICIAL USE ONLY.