Next Week Schedule

Haytham, our huge Civil War concert is on Friday, Veteran's Day, Nov 11, 2011 at 7:30 PM.  Are you going to be in town to see it?  We also have dress rehearsals on Tues, Nov 8, 2011 and Thu, Nov 10, 2011 if you can't stay for the concert.  This is a big multi-media production playing and singing (by choirs) of music from the Civil War (both North and South).  There are 5 movies showing pictures of people from the Civil War and battle scenes that we are playing live music to.  Two pieces I arranged are being played by the band.

Here's the press release.  If you can come, let me know so I can reserve you tickets.  We already have 500 tickets reserved for Will Call out of a concert hall that seats 950!

Press Release:  The Alexandria Campus Band will be joined by of the Mount Vernon Concert Band, the NOVA Community Chorus, and the Arlington Children’s Chorus to perform a multi-media concert of civil war music. Guest soloist will include Ms. Christine Hagan, piano, and Dr. Dennis Edlebrock, on an authentic Civil War Eb Cornet. The concert will include music of both the North and South including such favorites as Goober PeasDrummer Boy of Shiloh, Bonnie Blue Flag, and Battle Hymn of the Republicaccompanied by visual images of the Civil War. In addition a number of the musical selections not heard since the beginning of the 20th century, have been arranged by the composition faculty and students of NOVA-Alexandria for this concert. This concert is made possible through grants from the Northern Virginia Community College Foundation and the Virginia Community College System.

Seating is limited and tickets will be available at the door for a suggested donation of Adults - $10.00 and Students/Seniors - $5.00.  Parking fee is $6.00 for the Beauregard Parking Garage directly across from Schlesinger Hall.    The Rachel M. Schlesinger Hall is located at 3001 North Beauregard Blvd, Alexandria, VA.  For more information, please contact wmatthews@nvcc.edu, at Phone 703-845-6252 or Ken Balbuena via Email at kpbaluena@nvcc.edu 703-845-6067.

Marcelyn Atwood
Neal A. Puckett