RE: Soueid case

Liz is trying to reach out to the AUSA on the case to find out, but usually if the individual is arrested (vice summons) then the government will ask for detention.  Since this is just the initial appearance the Judge will set a detention hearing (would most likely be Friday) to argue detention.  If Liz hears back from the AUSA we can get you in touch with him or get you more info.

It may be something they ask us to cover anyway, in which case you can let us know a date when you will be available for the detention hearing and we can relay that to the judge.

From: Haytham Faraj [mailto:haytham@puckettfaraj.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2011 11:22 AM
To: Doyle Feingold, Katherine (USAVAE)
Cc: Cannon, Elizabeth (USAVAE)
Subject: RE: Soueid case

Wow! Small world.   Great to hear from you Kate.  We’re both doing well.

Mr. Soueid was arrested yesterday.  I understand that he will be brought to the courthouse today.  I am assuming that he will be in the afternoon session.  Unfortunately neither I nor Mr. Puckett are in town.  He’s in trial and I am in Michigan.  I found out about this last minute.  Do you know if the Government is going to ask that he be detained?

Thank you.