Re: Representation for Mr. Aoun

Our records show that CJA Attorney Thomas Warshaw was appointed to
represent Mr. Auon on July 26, 2011.  Unfortunately, although you were
approved for the CJA panel attorney program around that time, you were not
yet eligible to receive appointments.

If Mr. Aoun is not satisfied with Mr. Warshaw's representation, he must
send a request in writing to the Court requesting the appointment of new
counsel.  Once Mr. Warshaw is relieved as counsel by the court, the FDO is
reappointed and we can assign new counsel.  As a matter of procedure, we
appoint counsel on a rotational basis.   However, in unusual situations
(such as this case where you have a prior relationship as retained
counsel), we may waive that requirement.  But, in realitiy, we usually do
not entertain requests for specific cases, unless approved by the court.

_________________________________
Carol J. McGuire, Administrative Officer
Federal Defender Office
Legal Aid & Defender Association, Inc.
613 Abbott Street, 5th Floor
Detroit, Michigan 48226
Direct Telephone:  (313) 967-5833
Fax: (313) 962-0685
E-Mail:  carol_mcguire@fd.org

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |Haytham Faraj <haytham@puckettfaraj.com>                                                                                                          |
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |"Carol McGuire" <Carol_McGuire@fd.org>                                                                                                            |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |10/03/2011 03:48 PM                                                                                                                               |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |Representation for Mr. Aoun                                                                                                                       |

Hello Carol,
A gentlemen by the name of Hassan Aoun is currently under indictment for
and is represented by Mr. Wishnow.  Mr. Aoun has requested that I
represented him instead of Mr. Wishnow.  I had a preexisting relationship
with Mr. Aoun but he could not afford to pay me.  Do you have any
recommendations on whether Mr. Aoun can substitute me as counsel.

Thank you
Regards,

Haytham Faraj, Esq.
PUCKETT & FARAJ, PC
_______________________
WASHINGTON DC METRO
The Law Firm of Puckett & Faraj, PC
1800 Diagonal Road
Suite 210
Alexandria, VA 22314
703-706-0442 Phone
202-280-1039 Fax

DETROIT METRO
The Law Firm of Puckett & Faraj, PC
835 Mason Street
Suite 150-A
Dearborn, MI 48124
313-457-1390 Phone
202-280-1039 Fax

www.puckettfaraj.com

The information contained in this electronic message is confidential, and
is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are
not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that
any use, distribution, copying of disclosure of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please
notify Puckett & Faraj, P.C. at 888-970-0005 or via a return the e-mail to
sender.  You are required to purge this E-mail immediately without reading
or making any copy or distribution.