Special event: Civil liberties ten years after 9/11

Title: ACLU

Dear Haytham,

The tragic events of 9/11 forever changed our nation. As we reflect on the turbulent decade behind us, we must recommit ourselves to the values that we cherish — justice, equality and the rule of law.

On Thursday, September 8, join us for Exploring the Post-9/11 Legal Landscape, a panel discussion of the government secrecy, illegal surveillance, racial profiling and intrusive airport searches that have defined this decade.

Join the conversation with our Executive Director Kary Moss, ACLU National Security Project Attorney Zachary Katznelson and ACLU client Professor Juan Cole as they discuss the balance between national security and our individual freedoms.

Moderated by WDET's Nichole Christian, a former reporter for The New York Times who chronicled the lives of 9/11 victims, the discussion will be followed by a reception with the speakers.

Please RSVP to attend this discussion as part of U.S. Rising: Emerging Voices in Post-9/11 America, a series of events to remember the fallen and discuss the challenges facing our nation. The series is presented by the ACLU of Michigan, ACCESS, WDET-FM and the University of Michigan-Dearborn.

ACLU of Michigan
www.aclumich.org

Square
HELP US PROTECT FREEDOM.