Texas

I am a complete freakin' idiot.  It didn't occur to me until tonight to look at the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct's choice of law provision.

Here's Comment 3 to Texas Rule 8.05:

3.  If the rules of professional conduct of this state and that [of] other jurisdictions differ, principles of conflict of laws may apply.  Similar problems can arise when a lawyer is licensed to practice in more than one jurisdiction and these jurisdictions impose conflicting obligations.  A related problem arises with respect to practice before a federal tribunal, where the general authority of the state to regulate the practice of law must be reconciled with such authority as federal tribunals may have to regulate practice before them.  In such cases, this state will not impose discipline for conduct arising in connection with the practice of law in another jurisdiction or resulting in lawyer discipline in another jurisdiction unless the conduct constitutes professional misconduct under Rule 8.04.

Semper Fi,
DHS