China. Egypt. San Francisco?

Because Freedom Can't Protect Itself
Dear Haytham,

BART

Tell the FCC: government agencies cannot censor communications.

Do not forward: This link will open a page with your information already filled in.
We don't tolerate it when it happens in China. We find it unacceptable when it occurs in Egypt. So why is San Francisco any different?

With a shocking disregard for free speech, BART (San Francisco's public transportation agency) blocked cell phone service before a planned protest against BART police. This is the first time that we know of that a government agency in the United States has censored cell phones to try to silence criticism against them.

BART's decision to shut down access to mobile communications was wrong. The FCC has already launched an investigation into the shutdown. Urge them to make sure their decision focuses on protecting your constitutional right to free speech and freedom of assembly.

Send your message to the FCC today — tell them to put an end to government cell phone censorship. (Do not forward: This link will open a page with your information already filled in.)

We hope you will act quickly and decisively in this moment — we really need your voice on this one to make sure this never happens again.

Thanks for all you do,

The ACLU Online team

© ACLU, 125 Broad Street, 18th Floor, New York, NY 10004

DO NOT FORWARD: Your information is linked to this email.

Unsubscribe from receiving email, or change your email preferences.