FW: SSgt Lopez Witnesses

Haytham,

See below for 2ndLt Lindsay's summary of his witness work.

Also, 1stSgt Carter's wife is returning from deployment that weekend and he's got some kid issues.  He's sort of been an issue since day one.  I suggest we either try for VTC (not sure of our capabilities), phone, or just drop him.  (Plus, he may have had an affair with GySgt Davis.)

You'll see we have availability issues with our local witnesses for the weekend.  I think we may have to bring that to the judge's attention.

In addition to those below, we'll need to add GySgt Davis.  I think Maj Tyler is actually still at OCS, so we could bring him in if you want, but he may hurt, too, in that he's the one who told SSgt Lopez one time to stop running the platoon (but not permanently).  They would be the only fact witnesses.

1stSgt Lightle (ret.) was there at OCS and can talk about OCS or be a subject matter expert on being a DI, etc.

LtCol Jessup was SSgt Lopez's Bn CO (I think) at MCRD Parris Island.

LtCol Shusko (ret.) is an exceptional speaker and is the current deputy director of the Martial Arts Center for Excellence.

There are also 2-3 prior enlisted 2ndLts, too, who'd probably come off well because of having done boot camp.

I will get more info from 2ndLt Lindsay, who's working on this with me, in the morning.  And I'll get you a more complete list.  I think we'll be able to add at least 2-3 more to those below after conferring with him again.

S/f,

Bret A. White
Captain, U.S. Marine Corps
Defense Counsel