From: Haytham Faraj [mailto:haytham@puckettfaraj.com]
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2011 12:59 AM
To: <ted.card@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Haytham, Billing Question from Ted Card

Ted,
I'm currently overseas. As far as the billing goes, expenses are not part of
the retainer. We normally collect after we incur those expenses. That's what
those invoices are about. With respect to the other issues, I recommend we
speak by phone about your options. And you have options.

Haytham Faraj
Sent from my iPad

On Jul 14, 2011, at 9:45 PM, "Ted" <ted.card@cox.net> wrote:

> [...]
> Atwood (your Firm's business
> manager) and myself, which took place on 21 January 2010; therein, we
> (she &
> I) discussed the generation and mailing of a Cashier's Check for $10,000.
> So, I'm confused by Invoice #716.  I did not act following receipt of
> the first letter, but the second one has me concerned.
>
> 2.  Haytham, right now, I am still assigned TAD to I MEF Headquarters
> Group; I am still TAD to this command, from I MEF G-3.  My last CO at
> the Group (Colonel Lori Reynolds) was selected for Brigadier General
> in January of this year.  Coincidentally, she was PCS'd to her next
> assignment (CG,
> MCRDPI) and promoted very soon following the conclusion of the Article
> 32 Investigation and the publication of the I.O.'s Report.  Since May
> 2011, the IMHG has been commanded by Colonel Stephen M. Hanson, USMC.
> Colonel Hanson has found my performance as the Group Adjutant (the
> billet I am filling at
> IMHG) to be insufficient.  On Monday of this week I was summarily
> fired and directed to take Leave until this coming Monday; at which
> time, I would notified of my new assignment, outside IMHG.
>
> 3.  I had never asked nor wanted to be the logistician (S4) or
> Adjutant (S1) for I MEF Headquarters Group (by T/O both billets are
> slated for Lieutenant Colonels).  But, these were the assignments I
> have filled for the past two years, since being detained and
> questioned by the NCIS in June of 2009.  I have always clearly
> understood why the IMEF CoS re-assigned me from
> OpsO/C.Ops/G3 over to the IMHG; I was working out of the M.O.C. with a
> TS Clearance, and I couldn't operate in that capacity, while at the
> same time be a murder suspect.  Although I had received excellent
> Fitness Reports from Colonel(now, BGen) Reynolds over these past two
> years, I will now be receiving an Adverse Report from this new Commander,
on my way out the door.
> Needless to say, I'm frustrated and pretty pissed-off.
>
> 4.  Regarding my other troubles:
>    a.  The last official word I had received regarding NCIS'
> investigation was that it was still 'open.'  As of this writing, I do
> not know if this ridiculous investigation has been closed yet, or not.
>    b.  I imagine the NCIS' 'open-Investigation' is still contributing
> to the incompletion of DoNCAF's periodic re-investigation (an SSBI,
> begun in August 2009), the results of which are required for the
> continuation of my 'SCI-eligibility.'
>    c.  Although selected for the grade of Lieutenant Colonel in
> February
> 2009 and having had the charge of Article 118 with three (3)
> specifications dismissed by CG, I MEF, I remain a Major.  I do not
> know if MMPR (Quantico,
> M&RA) is taking action on petitioning the SECNAV to remove the delay
> of promotion, which had been put in place during July 2010.
>    d.  I have been on-station at Camp Pendleton for forty-nine (49)
months.
> Now, I haven't contacted the Monitor since September of 2009 - and, I
> don't intend to anytime soon.  But, I imagine my name is going to pop
> on his computer monitor, sooner or later, as being eligible to PCS.
> I'm not avoiding the Monitor because, I'm trying to remain in the same
> geographic area; what I'm trying to do is get the promotion and
> clearance reinstated, prior to getting a new set of Orders.
>
> 5.  Haytham, my friend, I didn't write to you today just so you could
> hear me whine...  Primarily, I'm writing about the question posed in Par.
1.