From: Ted [mailto:ted.card@yahoo.com]
Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2011 11:10 PM
To: McTernan, Walter F. Civ USMCR USF-I ITAM-MoD/INTEL/Taji
Cc: Haytham Faraj
Subject: Re: Citadel Marines

Lieutenant Colonel McTernan, U.S. Marine Corps (Retired), Sir, as always,
thank you for this message - I particularly enjoyed reading the updates
regarding different El-Cid alumni, and such.

A correction I saw on the Roster concerns Maj. Bryan Mangan, 0302, whom
you've listed twice in the 1992 and the 1993 sets.  I was fortunate to be
Bryan's classmate at the M.C. Command & Staff College in 2006/07, and to
know him well at El Cid.  Bryan is a graduate of the Class of the 1993;
also, he lat-moved over to the 0202 MOS, when he was a Captain.

I'm sorry I cannot help you with additional biographical data regarding my
1994 Classmates "Christopher Malmquist," "Edward Medeiros, Jr.," and "Robert
Wylie."  They were good buddies, whom I've lost touch with, after we were
Lieutenants.

 Some additional notes concerning a member listed within the Class of 1995:
"Major Haytham Faraj, USMC(Ret.)"
    My good friend and mentor Haytham (cc'd) is a real success story.  He
has served as:
        an 0341 Mortarman; at one point he was a Marine Security Guard; when
he was a Sergeant, he was accepted into the MECEP program and became a
Day-Student (as he was still on Active-Duty) at The Citadel (we met during
my 3rd Class Cadet-year).  He was promoted to Staff Sergeant while still a
Citadel Day-Student before he graduated in 1995.  He carried me through
Infantry Officer Course (IOC), in the Spring of 1996. Following his initial
Lt-tour, during which he was elevated to the position of the 81mm Mortar
Platoon Cmdr in his Infantry Battalion's Weapons Company, he served at
ANGLICO as the OpsO.  Sometime after that he was accepted into the Funded
Law Program; he eventually rose to the position of the Lead Military Defense
Counsel at Camp Pendleton [perhaps, it may have been all of MCI-West(?)].
He retired from the Marine Corps with 24[?] years of service; and, he is now
a partner in the very successful and expanding Law Firm of Pucket & Faraj,
in Alexandria, Virginia.

"Captain Stephan Pritchard"
    He is now a Major, and most certainly a LtCol(Sel.) (if he hasn't been
promoted already).

Ted
(760) 696-0136