Tell Sen. Levin: No worldwide war authority

Because Freedom Can't Protect Itself
Dear Haytham,

Tell Congress: No blank check for worldwide war.

Do not forward: This link will open a page with your information already filled in.
It's all up to the Senate now to stop a dangerous proposal that would authorize a worldwide war without end.

The House of Representatives recently passed the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), which contains a reckless provision that would give the president — any president — the power to unilaterally take our country to war wherever, whenever and however he or she sees fit.

The Senate Armed Services Committee will begin debating the NDAA next week, and Senator Levin's vote is going to be crucial.

Tell Senator Levin: Oppose any law for a new worldwide war without end. (This link will open a page with your information already filled in.)

President Obama has already come out in opposition to any authorization of an unending, unaccountable worldwide war.

But we can't rest until this provision has been stripped from the bill once and for all.

Please contact Senator Levin, and tell him that you are counting on him to strongly oppose any law for a worldwide war without end.

After you take action, please urge friends and family to do the same. In order to defeat this dangerous proposal, we need people all across America to express their outrage.

The time is now to restore respect for the Constitution. We must put an end to the notion that we can't be safe without sacrificing our freedom.

Thanks for speaking out,

Laura W. Murphy
Director, ACLU Washington Legislative Office

© ACLU, 125 Broad Street, 18th Floor, New York, NY 10004

DO NOT FORWARD: Your information is linked to this email.

Unsubscribe from receiving email, or change your email preferences.