From: Puckett Neal <neal@puckettfaraj.com>
To: ediedisler@aol.com
Cc: Faraj Haytham <haytham@puckettfaraj.com>; Marcelyn Atwood <matwood@crispatwood.com>
Sent: Mon, Jun 6, 2011 2:15 pm
Subject: Re: How can I help you?

Hey, Edie,
We're just trying to get ahead of the bow wave (that's navy talk) of potential legal issues that may face current and former active duty military members who are gay.  We believe that the demise of DADT may present some business opportunities (yeah, we're capitalists like that).  I began to think about this back when a court struck down the DADT law as unconstitutional, before Congress acted to change the law.  I was wondering how someone might feel if he/she was the last person separated before the law was declared unconstitutional.  Of course if a law is declared unconstitutional (and affirmed on appeal), that means that the law was never constitutional and all those who suffered under its authority may be entitled to some relief, no matter how long ago. That specific concept is no longer relevant, but we are certain there will be a whole new area of complaints that folks may bring us once the new policy takes effect.  Here's an example from 2 hrs ago.  I just got back from a promotion ceremony presided over by the Commandant of the Marine Corps, where the outgoing SgtMaj of the Marine Corps referred to his team as Sweet 16 (he was the 16 SgtMaj of the Corps), and hastened to say, "well, not sweet in THAT way!"  Much laughter ensued.  Clear what he meant, though.  And there stood Gen Amos, the leading opponent in DoD.
So I was thinking that there may come a time or two in the future when we may want to hire you as a subject matter expert on discrimination under the DADT policy.  Or we maybe could use your advice on the best way to connect to an under-represented constituency.  We're not really interested in having a rainbow flag on our home page, but we would like to help.  That's why we do what we do.
I've copied my partner, "well, not THAT kind of partner!"
Hugs and kisses,
Neal
Neal A. Puckett, Esq
1800 Diagonal Rd, Suite 210

The information contained in this electronic message is confidential, and is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any use, distribution, copying of disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please notify Puckett & Faraj, P.C. at 888-970-0005 or via a return the e-mail to sender.  You are required to purge this E-mail immediately without reading or making any copy or distribution.