RE: IN[V]ESTIGATING OFFICER'S REPORT ICO MAJ CARD

From:  Ted
  To:  Haytham
  CC:  'Dream-Team' Attorneys

Okay, so the .PDF doc is 'DD Form 457;' and, it's just that - a Form, stating that I was advised of my rights, etc.
-The more informative attachment is the Word doc entitled, "Art 32 ICO Card;" it's a 7-pages that start dry; but, get pretty good at about page 4.

1.  I think the critical text is, "as set forth in the Report, there are reasonable grounds to conclude that [the Accused (me)] committed the alleged misconduct.  [However, the IO is not recommending a court-martial,] based upon the current state of the evidence - it is insufficient for the Govt to prove its case [beyond a reasonable doubt.]

2.  As of now, I am unclear as to whether this report has made it to the IMEF/SJA, yet.  I am assuming that once it does, he'll advise the Convening Authority (IMEF Commanding General), at the CG's convenience.

3.  I'm quite disappointed the IO didn't spend more than just a few, cursory lines discussing the NCIS' chief investigator, and the manner in which he conducted the investigation.  But, I guess that really wasn't his (the IO's) job, in this matter.  His job was to advise the CG, as to whether 'probable cause' exists and to make recommendations concerning the sagacity of trying this case at GCM, correct?  Certainly, he strongly discourages the latter; but, the report ~could~ be interpreted in such a way, as to conclude the IO believes I did, in fact, commit a LOAC Violation - and, the Govt is just too screwed-up to prove it.  This frustrates me; quite a bit...

4.  Regardless, my thoughts now are that the CG will dismiss charges, when he gets around to it.  By sometime in June, I'll need to petition HQMC to consent to my promotion to LtCol.  Also in June, I envision trading some eMail traffic with the LtCol's monitor, while I 'scrape & claw' for the best of the worst jobs he never got around to filling from this year's summer rotation.