From: Haytham Faraj [mailto:haytham@puckettfaraj.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 9:29
To: Wacker Capt Douglas S; Hur Capt Christian P
Cc: 'Trujillo Bethany'; douglas.wacker@gmail.com
Subject: RE: Trial expenses

No problem with payments.  The airline appears to have fucked things up or
my assistant didn't' know what she was doing.  I will have her figure out
why we got double charged for one of the tickets.

 We didn't really get a chance to talk at the end but I feel really happy
for you.  This was a rough three years.  At times I was frustrated with you.
Many times I doubted my abilities to make it happen.  I lost many nights of
sleep thinking about you going to jail and how I would face your mother.
I've come to a point where the sentence is what matters.  I couldn't have
handled seeing you shackled and walking off to the brig.  I am happy that
didn't happen.  I think this will turn out ok for you.  You need to engage
an attorney and send a letter to USD.  I have a tenacious friend that is
fearless when it comes to pursing those types of things.  He is right in
downtown San Diego.  If you like I can connect you with him.

The polygraph is going to cost about $300-$350 at a minimum.   Before we do
that why don't you engage your chain command to help you out with getting
the CG to set aside the conviction especially in light of the many bad acts
by Smith?