From: Hur Capt Christian P
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2011 13:07
To: Day Capt Evan S
Cc: Haytham Faraj; Sullivan LtCol Sean
Subject: RE: Expert witness requests Wacker

Capt Day,

I appreciate the heads up.  The bottom line is that Dr. Rudin has not even begun analysis of the DNA evidence despite me sending her the material.  I can't in good faith name her as a definite trial witness without first knowing what she would say or whether she would say it.

That said, if you are inviting the defense to ask for funding for her to be a trial witness with the understanding that she may end up not testifying, then that is what I am requesting in this email on behalf of Capt Wacker.  We would ask for funding from her present address for her to attend the trial of Capt Wacker between 1 to 5 March.

Thank you.

Christian P. Hur
Captain, USMC
Senior Defense Counsel
Telephone:  (619) 524-8713
Fax:  (619) 524-6784
Address:  Defense Section, Bldg 12, 1st Floor, MCRD, San Diego, CA 92140

This email may contain Attorney Work Product.  Please delete if you received
this message in error.