Sam

Haytham, sorry I missed your call. I received your message however. I am relieved to hear of the acquittal. I had seen the googled AP story yesterday before you called and I am hopeful that we contributed to this outcome in some way. I am confident in my sincere belief that he was innocent of the spying charge and a just result was reached.

It is my hope, during the sentencing of the other charges, that the judge will consider Sam's past service and contributions to the safety of our nation and the soldiers and marines that he served most professionally. I would appreciate it if you could notify me when the sentence is announced.

I am grateful to your efforts to defend Sam as well as your service to our country. I recognize your professionalism and dedication as someone who understands "the crucible". I wish you great success in the future and express my sincere thanks again for all you have done.

Sincerely,

Jim Oliver
USA, LTC (R)