CSSS Inc case

I cannot believe co-counsel has not filed a Motion to Dismiss.  In essence, it’s a defamation claim, and the entire allegation is that after the guy was fired, someone in management told a Police Officer that the plaintiff had a temper and mentioned having an AK-47.  The Police Officer then wrote a statement that he was dispatched to escort the guy because his employer thought he might lash out (which he calls written defamation).

This does not even meet the definition of defamation, and the damages he's seeking are from loss of his job - which is not even a claim!

When we spoke with co-counsel, he was focused on finding experts to counter the damages claims - but I can't even see how there are damages.  The idea that this guy would pay an expert is mind boggling.

I don't know anything about Illinois law, but I'm presuming we can and should still file a Motion to Dismiss or for Summary Judgment.

Debra A. D'Agostino
Partner

1800 Diagonal Road, Suite 210

Alexandria, Va. 22314

debra@puckettfaraj.com
(703) 706-9566  Phone
(202) 318-7652  Fax

DC
׀ CA ׀ MI ׀ VA
www.PuckettFaraj.com

Admitted in NY.  Practice is limited to matters and proceedings before special courts - federal courts - agencies. Confidentiality / Privilege Notice: This transmission, including attachments, is intended solely for the use of the designated recipient(s). This transmission may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The use or disclosure of the information contained in this transmission for any purpose other than that intended by its transmittal is strictly prohibited.  If you are not an intended recipient of this transmission, please immediately destroy all copies received and notify the sender.