Neal A. Puckett, Esq
1800 Diagonal Rd, Suite 210

The information contained in this electronic message is confidential, and is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any use, distribution, copying of disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please notify Puckett & Faraj, P.C. at 888-970-0005 or via a return the e-mail to sender.  You are required to purge this E-mail immediately without reading or making any copy or distribution.

On Dec 7, 2010, at 3:52 PM, Haytham Faraj wrote:

N.
Agreed.  As you know, however, I do not have checks here.  Please send me a few blank checks to enable me to write checks for expenses that do not accept the AMEX.  As for use of the AMEX, every time I use it, it qualifies as a business expense but sometimes out of fairness to the business, I decide to reimburse for expenses, such as the traffic tickets or the travel to NY.

From: Puckett Neal [mailto:neal@puckettfaraj.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2010 3:25 PM
To: Faraj Haytham
Cc: Atwood Marcy
Subject: Business practices

H,
Since the firm pays for things like bar dues, it's extremely important for the firm to issue the check.  That also goes for tax items like health club dues.  We're switching bookkeepers next month and we won't be able to depend on Marcy fixing everything.
It is also critically important to always use the firm AMEX only for firm business and to never use personal cards for firm business.  It's a lot of extra time to straighten out these things that haven't been painful yet because Marcy works for free.  We need to use best business practices by not mixing business and personal checks and not mixing business and personal credit card payments.
We'll strive to do better in 2011.