ICO US v Wacker- defense character witnesses

Gentlemen,

Thanks again for your cooperation in working out a tentative arrangement regarding character witnesses. To summarize our conversation last week, my understanding was that you were requesting the following witnesses:
MajGen Kessler
LtCol Pigott
LtCol McCarthy
Capt Patacsil
Jodi McShan
Henry DeVere White

I will formally respond to the request for production of those six as soon as I can determine whether there are any availability issues with any of them that may need to be addressed first. Please let me know if you are or will be requesting that the government produce any other character witnesses (including local character witnesses at MCRD or Miramar, since I will still need to determine if they have any availability issues).

With regard to MajGen Kessler, his aide and the LOGCOM SJA are aware of the request. If MajGen Kessler requests to testify via VTC, would you have any objection to him doing so?

LtCol Pigott will be available for trial on the scheduled trial dates. I would suggest that you contact him regarding his actual opinion of the accused if you still desire that he be produced as a character witness. His deployed email address is William.Pigott@afg.usmc.mil.

Finally, with regard to Mr. White, I have tried the phone number listed in your witness request a couple of times and gotten a bad number message. Do you have any other contact information for him?

Very Respectfully,
Captain Evan S. Day
Trial Counsel, Military Justice Office
Joint Law Center
3rd MAW/ MCAS Miramar
Comm: 858-577-1887
DSN: 312-267-1887
Fax: 858-577-1734

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED//LIMDIS
This e-mail is FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY and is exempt from mandatory disclosure under FOIA. DoD 5400.7R, "DoD Freedom of Information Act Program", DoD Directive 5230.9, "Clearance of DoD Information for Public Release", and DoD Instruction 5230.29,  and "Security and Policy Review of DoD Information for Public Release".
ATTORNEY-CLIENT PRIVILEGED COMMUNICATION OR ATTORNEY WORK PRODUCT. The information contained in this message is privileged. It is intended only to be read by the individual or entity addressed or their designee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are on notice that any distribution of this message, in any form, is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete or destroy any copy of this message.