From: Wacker Capt Douglas S
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2010 9:01
To: Hur Capt Christian P
Cc: haytham@puckettfaraj.com
Subject: JAGINST 5803.1B

Chris,

Here is the excerpt I was speaking of yesterday.

4. RULE 5.4 PROFESSIONAL INDEPENDENCE OF A COVERED USG ATTORNEY

a. Notwithstanding a judge advocate's status as a
commissioned officer subject, generally, to the authority of
superiors, a judge advocate detailed or assigned to represent an
individual member or employee of the Department of the Navy is
expected to exercise unfettered loyalty and professional
independence during the representation consistent with these
Rules and remains ultimately responsible for acting in the best
interest of the individual client.

b. Notwithstanding a civilian USG attorney's status as a
Federal employee subject, generally, to the authority of
superiors, a civilian USG attorney detailed or assigned to
represent an individual member or employee of the Department of
the Navy is expected to exercise unfettered loyalty and
professional independence during the representation consistent
with these Rules and remains ultimately responsible for acting in
the best interest of the individual client.

S/F

Doug

Douglas S. Wacker
Captain, USMC
Future Operations Officer
MWHS-3, 3D MAW
douglas.wacker@usmc.mil
Wk: 858-577-7906
DSN: 267-6730
Cell: 858-401-9392

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." ~George S. Patton