From: Ospina SSgt Jhony A
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2010 16:35
To: Hur Capt Christian P
Cc: Torresala Capt John W
Subject: US v. Brito witnesses

Good afternoon Sir,
  Sir as per the conversation that was discussed between Captain Torresala, yourself and I.  There have been a few issues that have come to light and need your guidance as these are your witnesses.

a.) SgtMaj Toves is deployed to Afghanistan and is not expected to return until the end of November.  Sir, we can and are willing to try and make every effort to at least provide his testimony via other resources, i.e. VTC (if he is in a suitable and capable place), telephonic.

b.) CWO2 Rogers, has advised to 12 MCD that he is scheduled to start his terminal leave 1 November.

c.) Both MSgt Alexander and GySgt McCollum wives are pregnant and their due dates fall within the trial dates, so they were planning on more than likely being on Paternity Leave during that time period.

Sir, may you please advise as to what you would like done for items b and c, I have no problem advising these Marines that they must alter their schedules and plan on being down at MCRD 1-6 November no matter what but I need to do my part and ensure you are spun up on their situations as they are requested from the Defense, so only you can give me the green light to take them off.

r/s
J.A. Ospina
Staff Sergeant, USMC
Military Justice Chief
Office of the Staff Judge Advocate
Marine Corps Recruit Depot/Western Recruiting Region
3700 Chosin Avenue, Building 12
San Diego, CA 92140-5001
Comm: 619-524-8008/4098
DSN: 524-8008/4098