RE: Sit-Rep 10_08_2010

Per my conversation with Mr H…I am lead on managing the work required to get this in.  I am in micro management mode at this point.  If you served with me in the Marine Corps you would know that this is by far the worst place and position you want to put me in…particularly at the last minute.   I need everyone to check their ego’s at the door and produce or become a casualty.

Ryan…you were on the call so much of the below should resonate.

As a preliminary matter the submission deadline is wrong.  Attention to detail should be the standard and someone not writing the proposal should be flea combing this thing.

The entire set up of this proposal is inconsistent with the feedback received from DLA.

The proposal needs to be restructured to reflect supply chain management from the moment the supply is required to its delivery.  Each step in the process needs to be identified and the associated players, issues, and contingencies.  The solicitation should be a road map from inception to completion of the process.  Someone reading it should set it down and be without question as to how the fuel was obtained, transported, safeguarded, delivered and managed.  This will require a significant amount of effort to retool for submission.  The sections should reflect step by step directions.

Commitment letters need to be reviewed for detailed compliance.  We need a head count on letters ASAP and 3D needs to review all of them for DLA compliance….to include trucking etc.  It is not accurate to say the Tomskiy letter was the only one non-compliant…it was the worst of the bunch….KO indicated none of the letters were really adequate because they lacked required specificity.

We need to attempt to obtain hard copy past performance…or at least confirm references are willing to be references.  This needs to happen ASAP as well.

What are the prices?  We need to know how they compare to local market pricing and find the competitive range.  I would like the prices in a separate e-mail broken down.

I want to see a reconciliation between the M clause and the proposal and an explanation why anything/ if anything in the tender does not track.

I am not in charge of task organization but I would anticipate that Ryan has the money, Tracy has the process writing with support, Nathan has the past performance piece with assistance from Ryan regarding information required and someone else at 3d is chopping commitment letters.

If someone or something isn’t going to produce or be resolved then they should come up on the net immediately for management triage.

If there are questions then send them to ALCON…ie everyone on the list.  If you need extra bodies to work on this I expect everyone to figure that out on their own or ask.

No guessing is allowed.  All unanswered questions must be posted to everyone.  Complain after the submission not now because I don’t care right now.

-Eric

--
Eric S. Montalvo
Attorney at Law

Suite 210

Alexandria, VA 22314

eric@puckettfaraj.com

(703) 706-9566  Phone

(202) 285-5153  Cell
(202) 318-7652  Fax

DC
׀ CA ׀ MI ׀ VA
www.PuckettFaraj.com

Practice is limited to matters and proceedings before special courts - federal courts - agencies. Confidentiality / Privilege Notice: This transmission, including attachments, is intended solely for the use of the designated recipient(s). This transmission may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The use or disclosure of the information contained in this transmission for any purpose other than that intended by its transmittal is strictly prohibited.  If you are not an intended recipient of this transmission, please immediately destroy all copies received and notify the sender.