continuance in Brito

Haytham,

Sgt Brito and I have discussed asking the Judge a continuance of the trial until his 69b appeal is resolved.  The reason for this request is that Capt Torresala may attempt to use Brito's SCM conviction in this case against Brito.  That's not fair considering we believe their exist good grounds to win on the appeal.  The continuance would go until the 69b appeal process exhausts or until Capt Torresala said he wouldn't mention the SCM conviction in anyway shape or form.  What are your thoughts?

Christian P. Hur
Captain, USMC
Senior Defense Counsel
Telephone:  (619) 524-8713
Fax:  (619) 524-6784
Address:  Defense Section, Bldg 12, 1st Floor, MCRD, San Diego, CA 92140

This email may contain Attorney Work Product.  Please delete if you received
this message in error.