From: Hoort, Judge [mailto:dhoort@ioniacounty.org]
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2010 12:07 PM
To: Carrie Sharlow; Thomas Rombach; Patrick O'Connell; Michael Gordner; John Boufford; Richmond Riggs; Abed Hammoud; Angela Povilaitis; Julie Powell; Donna McKneelen; Samuel Smith; Daniel Grano; John Livesay; Kimberley Thompson; Erika Julien; Gretchen Schlaff; James Heath; Haytham Faraj; J. McKay; Adam Mittman; Timothy Havis; John Jarema
Subject: REMINDER: Criminal Jurisprudence & Practice Committee Meeting: September 10th

One more reminder and/or plea!!!  If you cannot make it in person this afternoon, please try to call.  We are right on the edge so far as having a quorum and your phone call could make the difference.

Judge David A. Hoort

8th Judicial Circuit Court

http://judgedavidhoort.blogspot.com/

“[T]he question of whether sick people are to be treated for their illness or punished for it, is a question which touches the very heart of judicial consciousness of a civilized system of jurisprudence.  If, perchance, the parties or counsel fail to raise the matter our courts cannot close their eyes to so important a matter.”  People v Griffes, 13 Mich App 299, 306 (1968).