RE: REMINDER: Criminal Jurisprudence & Practice Committee Meeting: September 10th

I'll be there

>>> Julie Powell <jpowell1@co.wayne.mi.us> 9/10/2010 12:14 PM >>>

If the meeting ends up being canceled before 2 pm, will someone please email me at jpowell71@comcast.net?  Thanks very much.  Hope to see you all soon.  I am excited to discuss the Padilla changes to the guilty plea court rules!

From: John Boufford [mailto:john@bouffordlaw.com]
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2010 12:13 PM
To: Hoort, Judge
Cc: Carrie Sharlow; Thomas Rombach; Patrick O'Connell; Michael Gordner; Richmond Riggs; Abed Hammoud; Angela Povilaitis; Julie Powell; Donna McKneelen; Samuel Smith; Daniel Grano; John Livesay; Kimberley Thompson; Erika Julien; Gretchen Schlaff; James Heath; Haytham Faraj; J. McKay; Adam Mittman; Timothy Havis; John Jarema
Subject: Re: REMINDER: Criminal Jurisprudence & Practice Committee Meeting: September 10th

I will have to attend by phone.  But I will attend!

John

On Sep 10, 2010, at 12:06 PM, Hoort, Judge wrote:

One more reminder and/or plea!!!  If you cannot make it in person this afternoon, please try to call.  We are right on the edge so far as having a quorum and your phone call could make the difference.

Judge David A. Hoort

8th Judicial Circuit Court

â[T]he question of whether sick people are to be treated for their illness or punished for it, is a question which touches the very heart of judicial consciousness of a civilized system of jurisprudence.  If, perchance, the parties or counsel fail to raise the matter our courts cannot close their eyes to so important a matter.â  People v Griffes, 13 Mich App 299, 306 (1968).

John C. Boufford, Esq.

Boufford Law, P.C.

33432 Oakland Street

Farmington, Michigan 48335

Office: 248-594-2244

Fax: 248-474-4659

Confidentiality Statement:

This message is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  It may contain privileged, confidential information which is exempt from disclosure under applicable laws.  If you are not the intended recipient, please note that you are strictly prohibited from disseminating or distributing this information (other than to the intended recipient) or copying this information. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail or by telephone at 248-594-2244. To learn more about Boufford Law, P.C., please visit our website at http://www.bouffordlaw.com.