From: Maroudis Maj Socrates S
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2010 16:50
To: Haytham Faraj
Cc: Hatch MAJ Douglas C
Subject: RE: Pre-Trial Confinement SSgt Nicolas Vega

Mr. Faraj,

This is not a new rule, but rather a formalization of the process.  Your request with the new evidence is not vectored through the trial counsel, but rather sent so that they can make a counterargument - consider it a CC.  I had a reconsideration last week where the 'new evidence' was written statements by witnesses that had little, if no, bearing on the issue of pre-trial confinement.

As for the legalities, I am just the IRO (not to pass the buck, mind you), and following the recommendations of base legal.

Maj Hatch,
Maybe you could weigh in on this.

S/F,
Maj Stefan "Man-Ho" Maroudis