We have no problem stipulating to a 30-day extension.

Cordially,

Nick

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 8:45 AM, Sabon-Ellerbrake, Laurie <lellerbrake@ci.dearborn.mi.us> wrote:
Mr. Hadous --

    Thank-you for your response.

    I would be happy to present Officer Mullins for an interview.  However, I am starting a trial in federal court shortly and my schedule is booked with pretrial matters.  Is is possible to stipulate to a 30-day extension for me to answer your Complaint?  Then, when the trial is over (probably around August 6) I will arrange for the interview.

    Your cooperation is appreciated.

Laurie M. Ellerbrake
Deputy Corporation Counsel
City of Dearborn
13615 Michigan Avenue
Dearborn, Michigan  48126
313.943.2035
313.943.2469 (fax)

From: Nick Hadous [mailto:nhadous@hadousco.com]
Sent: Friday, July 23, 2010 1:36 PM
To: Sabon-Ellerbrake, Laurie
Cc: Haytham Faraj
Subject: Re: FW: Attached image data

Ms. Ellerbrake,

Thank you for providing those records.  To be candid, we would like to speak to Officer Mullins regarding his observations that day.

As aforementioned, it is our understanding (thus far) that the Dearborn Police Officers who responded to the Saad residence did not play an active role in the events alleged in our Complaint.  If this is indeed true, let us spare the City of Dearborn the time and expense of being involved in this litigation further.

I deem this is a reasonable request as well as a good-faith gesture to pursue and to obtain an expedient resolution to this matter (Mr. Mullins will be subject to questioning anyway during formal discovery).

If this is acceptable, kindly respond in the affirmative or contact me directly at either phone number provided below.  We will stipulate to an extension for the CIty of Dearborn to file its Answer if needed.

Cordially,

Nick