From: Puckett Neal <neal@puckettfaraj.com>
Date: July 13, 2010 9:40:16 PM EDT
To: "Cox, Michael Maj USAF PACAF PACAF/A4PX" <michael.cox1@hickam.af.mil>
Cc: "Young David" <davidyoung2800@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Matter of USAF MAJ Michael Cox

Todd,
Thanks for your reply.  So you are preparing for a Board of Inquiry, otherwise known as a show cause hearing.  I have represented dozens of officers facing the same process.  It is true that you only rate one ADC or Circuit Defense Counsel, so if you retain me to represent you, the Air Force could excuse one of your two counsel.  That's of no concern to me and is routine.  I am accustomed to doing the entire hearing myself anyway.  I am NOT accustomed to losing.
You are in jeopardy but your case is by no means hopeless.  Legal ethics rules prohibit me from offering you advice unless I represent you.  Your career is at stake which means your pension can be lost if the board recommends separation.  The only magic number that protects your right to a pension at a show cause hearing is 20 years.  These cases have to be very carefully handled by experienced attorneys.  Even then, no outcome is certain.  But I can give you the best chance at convincing your board members to recommend that you be allowed to finish your career.
I am available to take your case if you'd like.  Let me know if you'd like to discuss the terms for retaining me.
V/r,
Neal
Neal A. Puckett, Esq
Washington DC Metro Area
703.706.9566

The information contained in this electronic message is confidential, and is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any use, distribution, copying of disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please notify Puckett & Faraj, P.C. at 888-970-0005 or via a return the e-mail to sender.  You are required to purge this E-mail immediately without reading or making any copy or distribution.