Fwd: NETWORK PING: Need Outside Counsel with Gov't Contract Expertise at The Presidio of San Francisco

Begin forwarded message:

From: David Hoard <edhoard@gmail.com>
Date: June 2, 2010 3:35:41 PM EDT
Subject: NETWORK PING: Need Outside Counsel with Gov't Contract Expertise at The Presidio of San Francisco

Friends & Colleagues,

Networker Andrea Andersen, Associate GC-Environment, for The Presidio Trust is seeking outside counsel with Government contracts expertise.  See her comprehensive note, below.  (Hey!  She's a lawyer, and as such, is congenitally incapable of using only a few words.)

If you or anyone you know can meet the needs Andrea articulates, please contact her at aandersen@presidiotrust.gov

Dave
Andrea sends:

Dave,

 If you have a chance, I would request a ping of the network.  The federal agency I work for, the Presidio Trust, is a non-profit government corporation responsible for the protection and management of the 1,168-acre inland portion of the Presidio of San Francisco known as Area B.  To limit taxpayer liability for the Presidio’s ongoing costs, Congress required that the park be financially self-sufficient by 2013.   The Presidio Trust Act, 16 U.S.C. Section 460bb appendix, gave the Trust authority to lease property in order to generate the revenues needed to operate the park and undertake the necessary capital improvements.  The Trust Act also allows the Trust to hire outside counsel and most federal laws and regulations governing procurement by federal agencies do not apply to the Trust.

This is a long introduction to say that the Trust still needs government contract expertise and, since I’m allergic to that area of the law, is seeking to hire outside counsel.  Needless to say, we would really like to find someone in the Bay area but at least within California.  If anyone in the network knows of someone in private practice who they would recommend, please have them contact me.  My contact information is below.

Thanks so much for your assistance in helping us make this former military post into a great park!  (I figured a little kissing up  could only play in my favor).

 R/

Andrea
ANDREA M. ANDERSEN
Assistant General Counsel – Environment