Dr. Ken Sorrick - Superintendent for Dist 117

H, I was wholly unprepared when I answered the phone.  I cannot diffuse situations or manage client / agency concerns without knowledge.  Communication would help me a lot.  I can't help you unless I'm prepared to do so.

FYI:  Dr. Sorrick is use to certified letters being sent from attorneys, not Emails - he was disappointed with the approach.  I believe he would not have gotten so upset if he had received a certified letter and it had gone through the proper channels.  He mentioned the proper channels being to work through the Dean of Students, then the Vice-Principal and Principal.   He was aghast at the threats included in your Email.  He was also being a good commander, because your Email upset his staff so he decided to call and inquiry to the authenticity of the Email first before turning it over to his Attorney.  Clearly he was upset as well.  He did say optional courses of action would have been for the Attorney to request a meeting with the parents, which would have been accommodated.

Please don't go in with an adversarial approach.  I tried my best to diffuse the situation.  I told him I would call him back, because he wanted to know if someone had highjacked our Emails and it was a scam.  He is in meetings all day today and it may be best to reach him on Monday 5/17/10.  His phone Number: 708-233-5739

Options to help me, help you in the future:

Option 1.  Inform me when you associate the Law Firm of Puckett & Faraj, PC with correspondence for friends, families, associates, etc.  (just need the basics ; who (client) and who (opposition), when, where (What state), what action requested, subject title)

Option 2.  Delete reference to the Law Firm of Puckett & Faraj including our DC Office and Phone Numbers and place a second signature block so adversarial or investigative organizations, agencies, people, don't call me when you intend them to respond directly to you; especially regarding issues outside of a contract with the Firm.

If you have a suggestion, please let me know.
Thx, M