US v. Jenkins - change of venue

Sir,

The Government is requesting a change of venue in this case.  Currently,  the majority of potential witnesses are state-side and most are deactivated Reservists.  We are requesting that this case be moved to Fort Bragg where our GCMCA is located.  A review of the current docket shows the first available trial date there on 21 June.

We have discussed with Defense and, subject to potential issues in scheduling, they are not opposed to the move.

Sir, subject to your guidance we will submit an EDN to the Judge at Fort Bragg.

V/R

Amy H. McCarthy
CPT, JA
Trial Counsel