Fwd: A website comment from Joshua Rhett Miller

Do You want to take this ??? Marcy

Begin forwarded message:

Date: April 21, 2010 8:23:59 AM EDT
Subject: A website comment from Joshua Rhett Miller

a form has been submitted on April 21, 2010, via: /contact-us/ [IP 74.120.99.138]

Your NameJoshua Rhett Miller
Emailjosh.miller@foxnews.com
Contact number212-901-4520
MessageTo Whom It May Concern:

Greetings – I hope this message finds you well.

I’m a reporter working on a story about an active duty U.S. Marine who has been scrutinized over his participation in a Facebook group called “Armed Forces Tea Party Patriots.”

As he promised to do five days ago, Sgt. Gary Stein is continuing to post on Facebook, most recently releasing a statement yesterday indicating that the group does not condone the “formation of violent militias or individuals that are plotting against the government” in response to comments made by former President Clinton.

Stein also indicated in the release that there “will be fighting on a new battlefield without bloodshed” come Election Day, when “we the people will once again take back our freedom from the clutches of self serving [sic] government by casting our votes for conservative candidates in the November election.”

As such, I’d like to speak with a military law expert from your organization on whether Sgt. Stein is violating Pentagon directives on political activities or if he is walking a slippery slope. The 24-year-old Marine has already been asked by superior officers to review those guidelines prior to a cable television interview last week. He is now seemingly ramping up his political rhetoric – most, if not all of which, is critical of President Obama and his policies.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience so we can discuss this matter further, as I’m on a tight deadline. Thanks in advance.