Re: RE: My letter to congressman, regarding Colonel Smith

Dear Mr.Faraj,

I spoke with you a couple of weeks ago about my experience under Colonel Smith's command. I have come across some new information in regards to Colonel Smith. I talked to one of the female Marines involved in my case, this is the same female that Colonel Smith insisted I Sexually Assaulted. Here is the conversation:

Me: What was up with those rape charges?

Lauren Stehwien: Idk. The Col, CID, and like my whole command was pushing for me to say i was raped and that if i did i'd still be in...but obviously i chose not to.

Me: What exactly did they say to you?

Lauren Stehwien: That if i said it was rape that i'd stay in.

This is what I have found out from her so far, it appears that Colonel Smith told her that if she claimed that I raped her, then she would be able to stay in the Marine Corps, but if not she would be discharged. She ended up withdrawing her statement and changing it, and getting discharged as well. I strongly feel like something should be done about what Colonel Smith and CID under her command is doing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated sir.

Thank You,

Nick Phillipowsky
214-998-7266