From: Andrew M. Borene [mailto:andrew_borene@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 12:22 PM
To: Wolford Lisa
Cc: Andrew Borene
Subject: Bio for U.S. Intelligence Community Law Sourcebook

Hi Lisa,

Attached is the overview of the book.

Also, in this 2011 edition will be the following contributions by some significant leaders in the intelligence, homeland security, and cybersecurity space.  Each of them will also be promoting the book among their own networks.

ARTICLESââââââââââââââââââââââââââââ..XX

Cyber Lawyers Meet Cyberwarriors: A Review of Current Strategies for Regulating Cybersecurity

By Stewart Baker, former General Counsel at National Security Agency

Homeland Security and Domestic Intelligence: Legal Considerations

By Joe Whitley, former General Counsel at United States Department of Homeland Security

 On Counterintelligence

By Joel Brenner, former National Counterintelligence Executive at ODNI

National Security Investigations and the Private Sector: Considerations for Corporate Counsel

By W. Anders Folk, former Assistant United States Attorney

DECISION/ACTION:

I'd propose the following bio as editor that would promote the CSSS.net company in these circles and also help me leverage the legal contacts I have around the intelligence community.

Editor-in-Chief, Andrew Borene

Andrew Borene is a Director and General Counsel at CSSS.net, a provider of fully integrated information technology and cybersecurity solutions spanning all aspects of application and networking systems, development life cycles, and maintenance. He is an attorney with experience in business, law, and government.

Borene is a former Associate Deputy General Counsel with the U.S. Department of Defense and has taught as adjunct faculty at the University of Minnesota's Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs. He was a program manager with LexisNexis where he supported U.S. defense and intelligence agencies with open source intelligence (OSINT) solutions for analysts and specialized legal workflow solutions for national security attorneys. He began his professional career as a Public Finance Associate at Wells Fargo & Co. He also served on active duty as a U.S. Marine intelligence officer with the 1st Marine Division, including combat service in Iraq and time as the executive officer for its Headquarters & Service Company at Camp Pendleton.

Borene holds a J.D. from the University of Minnesota Law School and a B.A. in Economics from Macalester College. He completed an executive education program at Harvard Universityâs Institute for International Development. In 2009, he was awarded a U.S. Department of State funded fellowship as an Emerging American Leader for the study of post-conflict peacebuilding in Northern Ireland.

Borene is licensed to practice in Minnesota, the District of Columbia, and before the U.S. Court of International Trade and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. He is active with the Association for Intelligence Officers and the American Bar Associationâs Standing Committee on Law & National Security.

Please take a look and let me know if the description of the company is adequate, or if you have suggestions. Also, I can certainly include the website if you'd like. It may show up as a link in the ebook version!

- Andrew

Phone: 612.817.8326