[FWD: MARTIN PNG LETTER]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Fwd: MARTIN PNG LETTER
From: David Brahms <dmbrahms@aol.com>
Date: Mon, July 26, 2010 6:03 pm
To: Baker LtCol John <john.baker1@usmc.mil>
Cc: Kevin McDermott <warlawyer@aol.com>

John:

The SJA at MCRD PI has just struck a devastating blow to the defense community by virtue of the PNG letter issued to investigator Carolyn Martin. The predominate defense investigator has been hamstrung and rendered useless.

Sadly, the event that precipitated the PNG letter is bullshit. She never tried to dissuade a witness to testify. Indeed, the transcript of the trial examination of the witness in question establishes this to be the case. To act as did the SJA on the ground of an appearance of evil (the secondary ground) is outrageous. This one doesn't pass the smell test. The adverse publicity that will attend what is certain to be a federal court case will ill serve our Cops and its defense community.

You have a chance to begin a process to undo this miscarriage of justice. My hope is that you will do so. I always like to tidy up our messes in house. The chance presents to to do that. It should be taken.

Let me underscore that the issue here is greater than the presenting parochial one, its implications are catholic. Those who would keep the defense community under the lash (yes, they are out there. I remind of the JAFL incident) are acting with boldness to that end. The troubles visited upon Colby Vokey was the first salvo of those antithetical to the defense function, this is but the next step in that process. My fear is that the follow-on action will be to attack a troublesome civilian defense counsel. A nice scalp that!

Yours for action.

VR,

David Brahms
800 Grand Ave, Ste. C-14