Law Firm HR Handbook

Here is the HR Handbook for your review.

This is Phase I to cover the mandatory employment laws for the VIRGINIA laws and the basic SOPs for the Law Firm.  Any HR handbook requires a continuous update process over the time.

Phase II for this is to include the Michigan State Laws regarding employees; the mandatory health care requirements of the Obama plan (end of 2012); and more detailed determination of Law Firm SOPs to decrease cash flow requirements and streamline the budget.

Let me know if you need any more changes to this and in what format you'd like it published, e.g. set up an employee only section on the website and post it there; print and bind; briefing to current employees and hand it to new employees in the future, ...

Please pay particular attention to an idea Donna Crisp added regarding Sick Leave that extends beyond 5 days then begins to count as leave without pay. Page 15.

Marcy

Marcelyn Atwood
President, The Crisp Atwood Group, LLC
Phone: 703-232-1608, Ext 2 / FAX: 703-783-0744