CSSS.NET Email # 2

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Wolford Lisa" <lisa@csss.net>
Date: October 31, 2011 5:24:15 PM EDT
To: "Marcelyn Atwood" <matwood@crispatwood.com>
Subject: FW:

Lisa N. Wolford
President & CEO
SDVOSB, 8(a)/SDB & WOB
202-639-5101 DC Office
402-393-8059 ext 145

From: Wolford Lisa
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2011 4:39 PM
To: hon.lee.terry@mail.house.gov

Congressman -
Attached are the emails that I have sent in regards to this issue.

Thank you again.

Sincerely -

Lisa N. Wolford
402-393-8059w
402-393-1825f
SDVOB, 8(a)/SDB & WOB - TS clearances
--- Begin Message ---

Tyrone –

We are trying to find out the status of our verification.  For some reason our company that was previously verified has been removed from the listing on the website.    I am a SDV and have been running the business since inception in July 1997.  We are a prime contractor at multiple agencies including the VA.  We submitted all of our paperwork in March 2011.  We understood that we would be listed as CVE verified until they came out with any findings.  We have called multiple times to find out the status but have been told numerous times that it is still in evaluation.  This is of course very upsetting to see that we are no longer listed and also have not heard anything.  If we were told there was an issue that you needed some additional information we would of course provide that ASAP.  I have copied multiple people because I really need an answer and some assistance.  We had a bid go in today that was requiring us to be CVE certified which since we have been in the past we were told this would not be an issue and that we would remain in the database until the re-verification was completed.

I would truly like a call back ASAP on this matter and I appreciate your assistance in advance.  It is critical for our business since we have so much business with the VA and would like that continue and grow.  We love serving veterans and 75% of my employees are veterans so our commitment level to the veteran community is on every level.

Sincerely -

Lisa N. Wolford

President & CEO

CSSS.NET

402-502-4145 Bellevue Office

202-639-5101 DC Office

lisa@csss.net

8(a)/SDB, WOB, SDVOSB

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---

Tom & team –

I sent the email below on Friday and had not heard anything so I  called the help desk and spoke with Aurea Franklin, she told me our package was in QA.  I left a message for Tyrone Brown but he is apparently out of the office, perhaps on vacation.  I also left a message for David Eckenroe (sp?).    My previous understanding was that as a previously certified firm we would stay in the database until re-certification was complete.  I find that is not true so I am very concerned.  Especially with the many stories I have heard from SDVOSBs that have lost contracts and been removed from the program.  Can I please get a call back that will tell me when I am going to get approved?  This is absolutely critical for my company.  When a company is removed from the database it looks to everyone like they have never been verified, which we have been.  There has been no change in ownership and we still fit the size standards for the NAICs codes we operate in.

[...]

ARGH!!! Please help.

[...]

Kevin –

We ran into each other Monday morning at the Hilton breakfast buffet.  When I got back to my Nebraska office I discovered that my company had been removed from the VIP database.  We have been a verified SDVOSB for years.  Can you please help me to get this addressed?  I haven’t heard back from anyone at the VA as of yet and I am gravely concerned.  I do appreciate your assistance.

[...]

David and Tom –

In reviewing the trust documentation what your team failed to realize is that Forrest and Natalie O’Barr (my adult children) are only beneficiaries upon my death.  Upon my death CSSS.NET would not be SDVOSB anyway because I am dead and they are not veterans.  However, since I am very much alive at this point, the point is moot.  This is no different than a will and the trust serves only to ease probate issues upon my passing, which hopefully, is going to be a long time from now.  I have had my estate attorney write up a letter regarding this and to request reconsideration of the CVE’s findings and I would like to be kept apprised of the review of the documentation so that we can clarify anything else that must be clarified prior to any findings.  Clearly whomever was reviewing the documentation is unfamiliar with trusts and normal language in trusts.  Beneficiaries do not own any part of the assets in the trust until the trustee and settlor (myself in this case) die.

The SDVOSB program is critical for my company and I must request an immediate review of this and if there is any further misunderstanding, I would like to pull my estate attorney into the discussion to ensure that all parties have a complete understanding.  Part of my overarching concern was that rather than ask for any clarification, the VA simply sent out a denial letter.